- IPC/Criminal/Civil matters
- Security Technology
- Business Controls
- Integrity Due Diligence
- Digital/Internet Safety
- Fraud Investigations
20, Stavebank Road, Suite 101
Mississauga, Ontario L5G 2T4
Mobile: 416 505-1433
- Graduate of Hendon Metropolitan Police College, London
- Counsel member of the British Canadian Chamber of Trade & Commerce (BCCTC)
- Member of Empire Club
- Member and Ambassador for Central Canada for the World Association of Detectives (W.A.D.)
As Director of Projects for IACS Group Inc., Mr. O’ Carroll responsibilities includes supervising and conducting complex matters in both a National and International jurisdictions. He is also responsible for seeking out and cultivating new technologies that may assist the industry in enhancing the security and safety of Clients.
As the Investigations Manager for Microsoft Canada’s head office in Mississauga, Mr. O’ Carroll responsibilities included directing all Intellectual Property investigations originating in Canada and all law enforcement liaisons. He also supported International colleagues engaged in Digital Integrity investigations including spam, phishing, Botnet (Fraud, identity theft and extortion), child exploitation as well as facilitating Canadian Law Enforcement, Canadian Border Integrity (CBA) and Intelligence officers requests for MSN and Hotmail account preservation and information applications.
Mr. O’Carroll’s experience also includes his serving as a police officer for 11 years with the London Metropolitan Police Force. He left as a detective having worked with specialist policing/squads.
Mr. O’Carroll left the police force in 1982 to pursue an opportunity in Canada, where he gained experience in security management, insurance fraud and civil litigation prior to becoming the Director of Investigations, Canada for one of the world’s largest international security and investigation firms. He later became a partner in a private investigation group and then began his own investigation firm, Special Projects Group Inc. His company was then purchased by IPSA International, where operating from their Toronto office, Mr. O’Carroll was responsible for planning and conducting IPSA services throughout Canada, with special responsibility for operations in Western Europe.
Experience and Expertise
- Developed and personally conducted training for national loss prevention officers for large Canadian retail groups
- Developed counter industrial espionage/information programs for corporations in various industries
- Conducted investigations in both North America and Europe, developing and nurturing numerous sources and contacts within the private, police and intelligence communities
- Educator and Chair of the advisory council of a major Ontario community college
- Produced pro-active programs for detecting and profiling persons involved in counterfeit and fraud activities
- Created ‘pretext’ and ‘sting’ operations for the investigation of Intellectual Property matters
- Participated in web crawling intelligence protocols to enhance ‘key personnel’ protection.